Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sad Week

This week I attended the funeral of a dear friend. Why was he so dear to me? My husband had a terminal illness and this dear friend was just that. A dear friend. He treated my husband the way he always did. Joking around, not too serious. The day before my husband died, many of our friends came to our house at my request to tell my husband goodbye. My husband was comatose, but I know he heard everything that was said. This friend sat beside him and gave him beer with an eye dropper. Some may think this is terrible. I thought it was great. My husband was going to die and his friend gave him something he loved BEER. At this point, what was it going to hurt? I hope this friend knew how much he meant to me & my husband. I hope over the last 12 years, I conveyed it to him. When this friend was in the hospital we all knew he could hear what was said. When I started relating some of the funny things that happened in our friendship, the corner of his mouth turned up. His wife & I just stood there and related story after story. He will be missed, but for me I can never thank him enough for being the special person he was.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home