Monday, July 14, 2008

Old Friends

I recieved a phone call from a friend that a mutual friend was here from out of town. They were all going to dinner and wanted to know if I wanted to go. My first reaction was Hell No. And why? Because this person accused me of having an affair with her husband about 5 or 6 years ago when they still lived in the area. She told mutual friends and even asked me. The answer was no. But the damage had been done and the hurt was there. But I went along because the friend who asked me had lost her husband a few weeks ago and I was moral support for her. Being with these people was interesting to say the least. I haven't had much contact with any of them for years & years. So I asked them to my house on Sun. to hang out & take a boat ride. The one from out of town almost didn't come. She drank too much on Fri. night, got sick and drove herself to the hospital. She was drinking Cosmos, but her drink of choice is wine. But we hung out and had an ok day. Will I do it again? Maybe, maybe not. We were part of a couples group, but after my husband died only one of the 6 couples kept in contact with me. That couple moved out of state, but we still correspond. It is sad because we were such good friends for a long time. But my life has moved on without them, and they have moved on without me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home